Want to learn more about the latest innovations in the property, design, construction and FM industry?
Then don't miss Construction Innovation's Third International Clients Driving Innovation Conference, to be held on the Gold Coast, 12-14 March 2008.
The conference theme is Benefiting from Innovation and the focus is on showcasing the results of innovations in industry, particularly the implementation of innovative practices and technologies.
Our 2008 program will feature a diverse selection of over 70 high calibre speakers from Europe, Asia, USA and Australia. Our panel session – Future Leaders Forum: The Future of Australia's Building and Infrastructure Industry has attracted wide-spread interest.
Senator The Hon Kim Carr MP, Minister for Innovation, Industry, Science and Research, who is leading the review of Australia's innovation policies, will deliver a key address on Friday 14 March.
The Treasurer of Queensland, The Hon Andrew Fraser MP, also plans to speak with us about infrastructure and building investment during the Formal Dinner on Thursday 13 March.
The conference features sessions on sustainable construction for the future, industry development, meeting client needs, procurement and risk management, ICTs improving efficiencies, facilities management and occupational health and safety.
It is aimed at a varied audience of industry practitioners and researchers from around the globe, including construction clients, designers, constructors, civil and infrastructure engineers and contractors, facility managers and owners, property developers, engineering consultants, technology specialists, cost management consultants, construction industry regulators and R&D educators/specialists.
Keynote presenters (in order of appearance) include:
- Prof Martin Fischer, Prof of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Stanford University, USA
- Dr Mike Williams, Chief Information Officer, Parsons Brinckerhoff, USA
- Prof Peter Brandon, Director of Strategic Programmes, University of Salford, UK
- Mr Brendan Crotty, former Managing Director and CEO, Australand Holdings Ltd, Australia
- Dr Ben Schwegler, Vice President and Chief Scientist, Walt Disney Imagineering Research and Development, USA
- Dr Calvin Kam, Consulting Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Stanford University, USA
- Dr Dennis Shelden, Chief Technology Officer, Gehry Technologies, USA
- Dr Keith Futcher, CEO, EastPoint Property Group, Hong Kong
Construction Innovation gratefully acknowledges the support of our conference sponsors:
- Queensland Department of Public Works
- Office of the Federal Safety Commissioner, Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
- Australian Institute of Building
- 12D Solutions Pty Ltd
- Queensland Department of Main Roads
- Building Commission Victoria
- The Royal Australian Institute of Architects
- The Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors